A Successful Nesting Season!

A Successful Nesting Season!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, June 13th

Well, as you can see, I have created another slide show! The first pictures are from Thursday. It is hard to believe how much they have changed in just 3 days! They are MUCH bigger and all of them are beginning to show signs of feathers emerging. If you hold your mouse at the bottom of the slide show, my captions will appear. If you look closely at the grass pictures, you will actually see purple feathers. Ellie, Fahad, Avery and I were so worried when we first approached the houses and saw that a predator had taken one of our birds from us! Luckily, our pair as well as another pair came flying over and relieved our fears! We did find a larger sparrow nest in pod #6 and removed it today. The other nests still look the same, so I am wondering if the martin pair we saw today might be building a nest? Is it too late in the season? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment