A Successful Nesting Season!

A Successful Nesting Season!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Update

When I first arrived at the purple martin houses, I was AMAZED at all of the birds! I literally rolled down my window and started snapping shots. Here are a few that show ALL of them on the 2 houses and the roof of MWE. If you click on the picture, you can see it closer. How many birds do you count? After taking still shots, I decided to video. I will post that at the top after I finish this update! The whole Gunsolley family joined me today as well as the Campbell family! It was great to have them all their to experience this wonderful time! Prior to looking in the houses, Jayden predicted that there would be 2 fully grown babies in Pod 2. (There were 4 to begin)....and he was... RIGHT! We picked in and saw these 2 beauties looking back at us! All the other pods were empty except of course our Pod #6. These babies are getting so big! Then, Mrs. Campbell found this that one of our birds dropped... and we tried to see if they wanted to eat it for dinner... I think they were too scared to eat. So then we moved the dragonfly to the older babies in pod 2.... We watched, but think they were too scared also. So I will leave you with a few more shots of the MANY MANY purple martins! One of the shots will be trees and they were actually perching in the top! Can you spot them?

No comments:

Post a Comment